Tuesday, November 8, 2011

TEA TIME TUESDAY!!


I'm a member of the Tea Party.  Not the idiots who are trying to destroy our country ("No more entitlements, EXCEPT FOR ME!!!  No more government, EXCEPT FOR WHAT I WANT!!!  Freedom is my right, NOT YOURS!!!").    

This is the kind of tea that doesn't turn your stomach, but actually soothes it!



Yes, you can grow drinkable tea plants in the Bandon area.  I grow camellia sinensis  (aka Thea sinensis, aka Chinese tea).  This is the same species that green tea, oolong, and black tea comes from.




I grow my plants with tires around base, to allow for better watering and easy maintenance (especially  for weed burning). 



When the leaves are ready, they are picked and laid out to dry in the sun. 



The dried leaves are then chopped up through a food processor.  They can be chopped as fine as you desire. 



This tea is organic and not heated above 103 degrees so as not to denature the healthful enzymes.
Try it!  You won't need any angry signs or misguided protests to enjoy this tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment